26784Re: [S-R] Translate script from Hungarian Prayer Book

  • Joe Armata
    Jun 1, 2010
      I found this site, with the liturgy in OCL (without the Hungarian
      spelling though!) and translated in italics into...Czech!

      The people repeated the same thing. The prayer is about 1/3 of the way
      down, just search for "uprazdniv" and you'll hit it. Knez=priest,
      Lid=people.

      http://tinyurl.com/2b3st69

      Joe

      > What was the response Joe?
      > We switched to RC .....
      > Dennis
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com<mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com>, "Armata, Joseph R" <armata+@...> wrote:
      >> It's from the Orthodox/Byzantine Slavonic liturgy for Easter, using the local version of Old Church Slavic written in Hungarian spelling. The priest prays: "In the body you slept as though dead, Our Lord and King, on the third day you rose from the dead, you freed Adam from his defilement (sin?), and conquered death: O eternal Sacrifice, Savior of the world."
      >>
      >> Joe

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic