      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of genmom4
      Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 2:53 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Films in POZSONY

      Dear Bill,

      Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have not been online since you
      responded to this message. I was actually in Slovakia for a week, but am
      returning today.
      I will address this when I get home.
      Curious as to why they would say that there were no new films, because the
      films are high in number, indicating that they are newer, and there is a
      disclaimer regarding accuracy so that they can get the film released
      quicker.

      These are not on the FHL pilot site.

      Barbara
      PS. Did find the grave for my gr.grandfather, Jozef Mrena, in a cemetery in
      Zavar. Very exciting for me and the little old lady in the cemetery who was
      able to help me find it, even with my very poor Slovak language skills!
      Zavar is one of the new films that I mentioned.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "billski" <bill.tarkulich@...> wrote:

      > Hi Barbara,
      >
      > The FHL sent me a note today that indicates there have been no new
      microfilm releases for that (or any) region. All the work is digital.
      Which specific villages are you referring to? I'm wondering if the catalog
      might have been re-indexed.

      > Bill
      >
      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "genmom4" <geismom@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just wanted to mention that there have definitely been some new films
      released for towns in Pozsony.
      > > I have been waiting for films to be available from Trnava and its
      surrounding towns, and last week, when I checked, I was surprised to see
      quite a few films.
      > > They have a disclaimer mentioning that they are posted for quick release
      in bright red at the top of the page when you hit the film notes.

      > > I have a friend in Salt Lake this week, and she so generously looked at
      a couple of films for me from this newly released collection, and they
      appear to be a goldmine for my research. This is wonderful news for my
      genealogy, and I wanted to share my find with this board, since I don't
      recall seeing a posting regarding new film releases. (That does not mean
      that one was not posted and that I might have just missed it.)

      > > I was under the impression that with the new family search website and
      record transfer to online searches that no new films were going to be
      released, so this find is rather exciting and I can't wait to delve into my
      dad's line. I'm leaving for my Slovakia trip next week, so it was great to
      have my friend send me digital images of my grandfather's birth as it gave
      information that I was definitely lacking.