26603Re: [S-R] Re: Films in POZSONY

    May 17, 2010
      Hi Janet,

      The correspondent is the head cataloger for Slovakia. He wrote me later
      today to say that all microfilming has been completed and that the films
      have been released. However, not every film has a catalog entry or an
      accurate catalog entry.

      There is a heavy FHL effort to review and update the catalog for greater
      accuracy. It's also possible that the catalog entry was not "released"
      for public viewing. This is generating new "appearances".

      Because of the heavy updating (even for minor things), I have not been
      able to get a "difference report" that is worth reading. It appears that
      most entries have been updated. The best advice is to keep checking.

      The net effect is the same for you and I. It appears to be a new film for
      us. So keep watching!

      On Mon, May 17, 2010 1:59 pm, Jenet Kozlay wrote:
      > Bill, I too noted that at last the films for a village I have been waiting
      > for are listed. It is Verbó in old Nyitra megye. It's hard to figure why
      > your FHL correspondent wasn't aware of this and was so adamant about no
      > new releases.
      > Janet

      Bill Tarkulich
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic