26505Re: [S-R] Re: HRABOVCSIK Greek Catholic records for RAKOCZ

    May 1, 2010
      That was not cool! Read on

      p. 219

      “…A daughter-in-law’s position was easier if she got married in
      her hometown. Villagers said that she usually wanted to be close to
      her mother. For this and other reasons, local endogamy of wedding was
      preferred, not because the daughter-in-law’s family had to solve her
      problems, but the daughter could run home, eat and cry out her
      sorrows. … According to public opinion, only a girl who did not
      have any better choice got married outside her native village. A
      young man should find a girl “close to his church”. “

      http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/traditions.htm
      Bill