26490Re: [S-R] HRABOVCSIK Greek Catholic records for RAKOCZ

    May 1 5:23 AM
      Hi Martha,
      This is commonplace. It could be any reason at all. The priest might
      have died. Most churches have these same problems with no consistency
      at all. Try neighboring parishes. Look at local history for events
      during this era. Every village is different.
      Regards,

      Bill

      On May 1, 2010, at 4:48 AM, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone!
      >
      > I am looking through the G C records on the Pilot search for the
      > baptism of my great grandmother, Anna KUNDRAT. Birth date is
      > January 1873 in Rakocz. I have found several other KUNDRAT familiy
      > members in House #7 and House #8, one of these homes is the correct
      > home. However, my BIG problem is that the records begin with 1870
      > through 1872 and SKIP 1873 & 1874 and pick-up again with 1875. I've
      > looked at all 82 pages of the records and everything else seems to
      > be in the correct order (with a duplicate page here and there) but I
      > am used to that. My question is - does anyone know what might have
      > happened to these two missing years of records? Are they lost or
      > could they be in with some other village by mistake?
      >
      > Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
      >
      > Martha

      > ! Groups Links

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic