      From: lkocik@...
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2010 6:25 pm
      Subject: Re: [S-R] 1910 Census Austria-Bohemia any idea to reigon?

      Hello
      Like Helene, I too have ties to Binghamton...I grew up there.
      I'm writing because there was a father [Monsignor] Phalen
      That ran the St. Catherine parish in the 50's and 60's. I almost hope he isn't related to you since he was the reason I lost my faith, or I should say my catholic faith. I have papers from the church, one even has a bio on Father Phalen that I can forward to you.
      To be fair...the first thing you probably think of with my animosity towards father Phalen is molestation, and no that wasn't the case, he was actually a very pious man.
      Larry Kocik
      You can email at lkocik@... if your interested in the lierature.