      From: helene cincebeaux <helenezx@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, Jan 2, 2010 12:24 pm
      Subject: Re: [S-R] 1910 Census Austria-Bohemia any idea to reigon?

      hi Dan - when my grandfather was 90 I asked him if he got lonesome in America as his family was in the old country. He replied "half the village was here!" This was in the Binghamton NY area - that ol' chain migration. Powerful. People came to places they had friends or had heard about and then worked and encouraged others to join them and helped them get a start.

      helene