      From: MaryLou <mlvc@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, December 3, 2009 2:58:23 PM
      Subject: RE: [S-R] My visit to the Family History Center Hanusovce - 1869 census

      Bill
      I was trying to envision the type of cottage or house this would be and with
      2 entirely different families, I wondered if it was something like a duplex
      or if the rooms all were joined. Oh, they owned 2 "horned" cows in the
      other breeds category.
      I knew there was a Jewish population in the area and I have often thought we
      have some Jewish ancestors. One reason I found this household interesting
      was based on my father's attitudes towards Jews--he was a total bigot--He
      hated Jews, Italians, Polish, and any other group of people who were
      different from him. Because of his bigotry, I always thought it would be
      ironic to show how senseless his hatred was.

      MaryLou