24040Re: [S-R] Re: Village & Family Connections CORRECTION

  • joanski
    Nov 4, 2009
      Dear Eugene:

      It appears that the correct spelling (at least in the U.S.) was
      TOMOCYK (Tomochick in the anglicized U.S. version), at least that's
      how the SS Death Records list him via Ancestry.com. He was not
      Catholic but Reformed Calvanist, and even tho I guess there might be
      names listed in Catholic records, his village was Bltane Remety, not
      Vinne. Maybe there was a parish church located in Vinne, but usually
      the Reformed Churches did NOT use Saints names. I might be wrong about
      this but I need to look at the LDS records myself. Thanks for the
      hint. This is challenging. BTW the Death records list his birth and
      death dates as correctly as I know them.

      Keep searching...as shall I.

      JB