23183RE: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

  • Marilyn Hertenstein
    Sep 13, 2009
      Thank you for all you do Bill!!!

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Bill Tarkulich
      Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 7:25 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] FHL Records redeaux

      I have received tenfold as many requests for searches as I have offers of
      help. I seem to have created a monster. It has generated a large amount
      of additional work for me. This has forced my hand. I am making the update
      report my first task, so that you who benefit from this work can do the
      lookups yourself. I do this as a hobby, and time is very short for me.

      I have an offer from a kind-hearted soul with programming experience to help
      me pull out the essential data. We are talking about thousands of entries.
      If I can use the help from the other couple of folks who have offered to
      help, I'll let you know. Once that is done and posted you will be able to
      look through the updates yourself.

      Do not neglect to use the "keyword search" feature on the FHL site to search
      for your
      village name. Sometimes your village name is not in the primary title.

      Bill