23091RE: [S-R] Names: Man's name change Vaclav to James

  • Janet Kozlay
    Aug 3, 2009
      However, I still don't see how that explains the enormous number of Vaclavs
      (and Hungarian Vencels) who changed their name to James. To me there are way
      too many to be merely coincidental, though I may well be wrong.

      The answer is probably found in the publication "The Americanization of
      Czech Given Names" by Dudek. Unfortunately, from what I can see it is
      available only through JSTOR, to which I am not subscribed. Perhaps a
      subscriber could look it up for us.

      Janet

      _____