22992RE: [S-R] HOw do I search when I am there?

  • Janet Kozlay
    Jul 3, 2009
      Cheryl,

      For some reason my response that I sent on the 2nd was never published, so
      here is a second attempt:

      Whoopedo! According to this, his petition for naturalization says he was
      born in Kiralyhelmec (spelling a bit mangled in the transcription). This is
      the Hungarian name of the town of Kralovsky Chlmec, just north of the
      Hungarian border in eastern Slovakia.

      This is precisely the information you need to research the family.
      Microfilms of Roman Catholic (and Reformed) church records for this town are
      available for you to order and read at your nearest LDS Family History
      Center.

      Footnote.com does seem to have access to a lot of good stuff not available
      on Ancestry.com.

      The bad news is that this area will not be near any of the capitals you will
      be visiting.

      Janet

      _____