22777Re: [S-R] Szarka/Krizsek

  • Ben/Milka Sorensen
    Jun 14, 2009
      Sarka- vírusová choroba sliviek prejavujúca sa prehlbeninami a hnednutím povrchu plodov.

      Sarka (En? anyone?)- a viral ailment that attacks plumbs, indicated by a thickening and a browning of the fruit's surface.

      I am not very good at zoology in English or Slovak, and I don't speak Hungarian, but this is just to correct that a sarka is NOT a magpie in Slovak. In Slovak, that is straka ciernozoba. Just so that no one goes looking for sarky in Slovakia- you will be doing something other than ornithology.

      It is the bane of all brewers of slivovica- and that is how I knew that translation was incorrect. :-P
      Ben