22616Re: [S-R] George Tkach and Micheal Tkach, Tkacs

  • dulli862@aol.com
    May 4, 2009
      I have a Tracx in my family from the Zbaraz district of Poland. Could
      this be of any use?

      Basia G

      In a message dated 5/3/2009 6:27:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mgmojher@... writes:

      Deb,
      I went to the 1995 Census program to look for the surname Tkac and Tkacs.
      There were no listings for Tkacs. There were two forms for Tkac. One with a
      "v" dialect mark over the "c" had 65 hits. The other with dialect mark
      over the "a" and "c" had 2348 hits. Making it a somewhat common surname for
      Slovakia. Most of the places where the name is found is in Eastern Slovakia.