      From: johnqadam@...
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 8:59 PM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Vesely from Gbely; Valachovic/Gaydos/Hladik from Kuty

      Here's what I make of your initial posting:
      >>> Andrew Vesely lived in Gbely . . . son ANDREW VESELY came to
      USA . . . . MATILDA VALACHOVIC GAYDOS . , , Matilda's father
      JOSEF KABOT/KABAT came to US. Her mother Mary HLADIK did not. They
      lived in Kuty. <<<

      These are found in the Ellis Island listings. I will send a
      spreadsheet of 83 EI listings of your surnames from Gbely/Egbell anf
      Kuty/Kutti that need to be researched.
      Kabat, Josef Egbel, Hungary 17 1896 1913
      Veszely, Andras Egbel, Hungary 15 1886 1901

      ELLIS ISLAND LISTINGS
      I use the Morse front end, Gold Form, for researching Ellis Island
      entries. http://www.stevemorse.org/

      You can use just a few letters for the name or village and check off
      several language choices, eg: Hungarian, Slovak, Ruthenian. Be aware
      that transcription errors abound and so you should always look at the
      manifest, which often has two pages.