      From: Carl Kotlarchik
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 9:09 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: Lipyanic - Strihorviski

      I saw your ancestor's census records for
      1930, 1920 and also 1910. In the 1910 census, Mathew's last name is
      extremely hard to read but he is with Irene in PA so this is the
      correct family. If you look on Ancestry.com and do a search under
      the name: "MATEY LYIPPANYECK" OR "MATEJ LYIJCZANYECK" you will find
      them in the 1910 Federal census. You can then confirm this record in
      the 1910 PA Mirimex records. Do another search using the name: Matej
      Lyijeyanyeck and you will find Mathew and Irene in those records.

      The spelling of the names may give you a clue as to how Mathew is
      listed on his immigration records. I tried several variations but
      could not find them. It appears that Mathew married Irene here in
      the States. If so, it is puzzling why her immigration records don't
      appear under the name Iren Strihorviski. But I couldn't find her

      You can order the film of the church records for Pecovaska Nova Ves
      from the LDS. What was your families religion? Since your
      family came around 1907, the town would have had a Hungarian name at
      that time. It was called Pecsujfalu and also Pechujfalu. Here is the
      link to the LDS library index:
      Do a Keyword search on the name Pechujfalu. If they
      were Roman Catholic, they list the films for that town and also the
      1869 census. If they were some other religion, they might have
      attended church in Sabinov so search on that that town for the
      location of the correct religion of your family.
      Once you find the films you want, you will have to go to a Family
      History Center and order them from Utah. When they arrive, you can
      use their readers to review the films.
      I tried to send you the film information but your email address here
      at Slovak Roots must be incorrect because the mail bounces.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra Husted" <sandra@...>
      > Thank you so much for this information, with all the different
      spellings of last names. I would really like to pursue this, how do
      I get records from LDS Family History Center? I am so new at this.