21797Re: HELP

  • genealogyslovakia
    Jan 30, 2009
      Hello,

      I have made saerching in Spisske Vlachy parish house in December
      2008.
      I have seen in birth / marriage/ death records Gellertfalva what
      is a part on the edge of Spisske Vlachy today.
      I searched Ondzik family there for Mr.Kelly from US.

      best regards,
      Juraj
      jurajcisarik@...
      www.cisarik.com
      . . . archive searching in the state archives of Slovakia and
      being a tourist guide hired by days in Slovakia.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jtgen96" <jtgen96@...> wrote:

      > WE ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT GELLERT AND GELLERTFALVA IN
      > SLOVAKIA. IT NO LONGER SEEMS TO BE USED AS A VILLAGE PLACE NAME.
      > NAME LIST WE FOUND ON GENFORUM ASSOCIATED IT WITH A VILLAGE WHICH
      TODAY
      > IS NAMED GERALTOV. HOWEVER, THIS VILLAGE CAN NOT BE THE ONE WE
      ARE
      > SEARCHING FOR.
      >
      > WE BELIEVE THAT GELLERT/GELLERTFALVA IS LOCATED AT OR JUST BEYOND
      THE
      > EDGE OF SPISSKE VLACHY BECAUSE THE RECORDS WE HAVE DISCOVERED
      (DEATH
      > 1908 -- GELLERTFALVA #20; BIRTHS 1894, 1898, 1900 -- GELLERTFALVA
      #01;
      > BIRTH 1918 -- GELLERT #10; MARRIAGE 1910 -- GELLERT-SPISSKE
      VLACHY)
      > WERE, ACCORDING TO THE RESEARCHER, WRITTEN IN THE PARISH BOOK
      WHERE ALL
      > SMALL PLACES AFFILIATED WITH SPISSKE VLACHY ARE INCLUDED.
      >
      > WE ARE GREATLY HANDICAPPED BECAUSE WE DO NOT SPEAK, READ, R WRITE
      > SLOVAK. THE SPISSKE VLACHY WEBSITE IN ENGLISH IS MOST
      INTERESTING, BUT
      > NO HELP HERE. WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOCATE ANY OTHER ENGLISH
      > RESOURCES TO HELP.

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic