      From: sanbreezy <sandra@...>
      Subject: [S-R] Lipyanic - Strihorviski
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 25, 2009, 2:20 PM

      Hello, I'm a new member, and excited to communicate with others like
      myself, searching for genealogy. Hoping that maybe I could find some
      information about my family. I would appreciate any resources,
      suggestions you can give me. My grandfather and grandmother
      immigrated to USA and settled in Saylorsburg, Rose Township,
      Pennsylvania. USA census from 1920/1930 indicate grandfather, Matthew
      (Matis) Lipyanic, born 2/8/1888 immigrated in 1904 or 1907 (different
      years on both) to PA. Grandmother, Irene H Strihorviski, born 1888
      immigrated same dates to AL. I was trying to find passenger lists
      from ports of Phillidaphia, but I'm not sure that's the way to go?
      My resources are running out. Tried Ancestry.com and others on
      internet, but have had no luck. I have a document that indicates my
      grandfathers place of birth is Bicoskonovoves, country
      CzeckoSlavakia. Also, seen on census documents, Slovakland and
      Czechoslovak and both spoke Slovak. Grandmother never spoke much
      English, my father said. She died at a young age in late 40's, I
      think. My father passed away in 1982 and although he is one of nine
      children. The only other information I have found is grandfather may
      have brother George and changed spelling of last name to Lipyanik,
      grandmother may have sister Bertha, but both are not confirmed. My
      father was only child that moved out of PA, and we still reside in
      Michigan and still have contact with relations in PA . I'm looking
      for any roots from my grandparents. I can't find anything on (Place
      of Birth) Bicoskonovoves, like it doesn't exist? My questions are:
      These surnames; Where do they come from? How to find documents like:
      Where were my grandparents born? Documents that confirm when they
      came to USA; there parents, brothers and sisters? Thank you so much
      for your time and your website SLOVAK-ROOTS.