2162Re: Help

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Aug 6, 2000
      Bruce,

      Things are a little sketchy now, but the key is to locate their hometown. Since
      you have a death certificate, I suggest you contact the church/cemetery where
      they were buried and ask for a copy of their record. This is how I located the
      town of my great grandparents. Until I did this, all official records just
      listed them as from "Austria". Once you have their town of birth, you can start
      looking at microfilmed church records, ship manifests, etc.

      Good luck.

      Dr. "Q"

      >Bruce Bagin wrote:

      > What is the next step in finding my ancestors and can anyone confirm that
      > the names are slovak?
      >
      > from the death certificates of my grandparents who lived and died in
      > Milwaukee Wisconsin, I have learned the following:
      >
      > My grandfather KAROL BAGIN was born in CZECHO-SLOVAKIA on September 10, 1877
      > to MICHAEL BAGIN and ELIZABETH KRALIK.
      >
      > My grandmother MARY BAGIN was born in Czecho-slovakia on June 15, 1881 to
      > JOSEPH MINAR and EVA ZSIKAVSZKY.
      >
      > ANY HELP IS MOST WELCOME AND GREATLY APPRECIATED.
      >
      > Bruce Bagin
      > 312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      > Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      > 412-281-1110