2153Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Family History Catalog, Slovakia

  • John
    Aug 6, 2000
      Good site. It has some interesting options. I was able to go back and
      obtain the film numbers for the Bardejov, Lenartov and Malcov records with
      a little experimenting. It's a little convoluted for that purpose but it
      does give you a listing of over 1,000 villages (not mine) and other useful
      information. Unfortunately, I haven't found the key to locating small
      villages associated with the parish that keeps the records in some
      cases. I know that some of my ancestor's records are with the Livov
      records. When I get to the Livov records, the villages included in
      the Livov records are not listed. The same for Varadka. Anyone have an
      idea of where this information is. I vaguely recall someone suggesting a
      microfiche. I got the critical ones by working with someone in Salt Lake
      City a couple of years ago but there must be another way.

      Heavy traffic on this site. Is this the norm?

      John

      At 03:12 PM 8/6/00 -0400, you wrote:

      >In a message dated 8/6/00 2:08:14 PM, mgmojher@... writes:
      >
      ><<
      >http://www.familysearch.com/fhlc/supermainframeset.asp?display=localitydetails
      >&subject=90&subject_disp=Slovakia&columns=*,180,0 >>
      >
      >Thx for this info! I did not know this was online! Mary Anne

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic