21195Re: church transcription question

  • Ludovit
    Dec 8, 2008
      Joe,

      The church record is from Pivnice, about 39 Km north of Novi Sad.
      It is not far fetched though since I can verify that until recently
      the branch of the family in Bratislava still where on terms with the
      rest of the family that had migrated to northern Serbia. Many people
      seem to think that people just didn't move around much back then.
      Perhaps not for the most part, but this is just one more possible
      case where it seems they did. Now I have a little mystery. I'll see
      if my cousin in Bratislava has seen anything in the docs he has.

      Thanks Joe

      LL

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Joe Armata <armata+@...> wrote:

      > Is this from around Solcany? It might mean Mrs. Milec (Milcova), a
      widow
      > (vd), Selcani (place of residence).
      >
      > Joe
      >

      > > Ludovit,
      > >
      > > 'vd' is an abrreviation for "vdova" (= widow)
      > > Hence my reading is Milcová [the widow of] Selèáni
      > >
      > > cheers
      > >
      > > --- On Mon, 1/12/08, Ludovit <leporis1@...<mailto:leporis1%
      40yahoo.com>> wrote:

      > > From: Ludovit <leporis1@...<mailto:leporis1%40yahoo.com>>