20911Re: [S-R] pronunciation Juraj

  • Ludovit
    Nov 4, 2008
      Thank you everyone. I haven't even heard the Slovak language since my
      grandpa and he never mentioned Juraj.

      Ludovit

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      wrote:

      > hi guys, I am busy, but I noticed something here....
      > Juraj is pronounced Yoo-rye, emphasis on the first syllable, and
      the "rai" is like "guy." Slovak, with exceptions in the dialects,
      NEVER has an emphasis on the second syllable.
      > Vela stastia!
      > Ben

      myself. I'm trying to learn the language. But Slovak is not as easy
      as, say, Spanish, or French. A few years ago ,I got out my
      dictionary, and my grammar book, and composed a letter to the
      Chancery in Kosice, in Slovak, requesting an address to a certain
      parish Church. Well they understood me enough to send me an answer,
      even gave me the name of the Pastor.
      > Now I've composed one to the Pastor of the KATOLICKA CIRKEV, in
      Brezovica Nad Torysou, trying to see if he can help me with some
      information that I need, regarding an ancestor. Genealogy is an
      interesting adventure. Tom

      Dating. Get Started http://au.dating yahoo.com/ ?cid=53151& pid=1011