      From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@...>
      Subject: Re: [S-R] pronunciation Juraj
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 6:29 PM

      Thanks, Alan. You sound more like a seasoned "Native Slovak" than myself. I'm trying to learn the language. But Slovak is not as easy as, say, Spanish, or French. A few years ago ,I got out my dictionary, and my grammar book, and composed a letter to the Chancery in Kosice, in Slovak, requesting an address to a certain parish Church. Well they understood me enough to send me an answer, even gave me the name of the Pastor.
      Now I've composed one to the Pastor of the KATOLICKA CIRKEV, in Brezovica Nad Torysou, trying to see if he can help me with some information that I need, regarding an ancestor. Genealogy is an interesting adventure. Tom
      From: Tom Geiss <tomfgurka@gvtc. com>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Correct. Go to the head of the class.