20879RE: [S-R] Boronkaj

  • Lisa Marzonie
    Nov 2, 2008
      Thanks. Just got back to my computer after a long day.
      I'll save this info. and see what further information I can find. I REALLY appreciate every bit of help.
      Lisa

      "We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart and to bring home those who have lost their way." St. Francis of Assisi

      ________________________________
      > To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      > From: johnqadam@...
      > Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:39:54 +0000
      > Subject: [S-R] Boronkaj

      > names, I think was uncommon among the common people...we have a Ilona
      > Carolina Paulina "Baronkay" (this may not be the original spelling of
      > Baronkay). I think they were from "Ung, Megye," and some of their
      > ancestral towns are now in the Ukraine. (Ugh!) <<<
      >
      > Intriguing. I love a mystery.
      >
      > Ellis Island and the Slovak phone book gives us the spelling and some
      > potential villages in eastern Slovakia. However, they are in Zemplen
      > Megye = county, not Ung Megye.
      >
      > Boronkaj Milan Poša 217, Poša
      > Boronkajová Anna Poša 18, Poša
      > Boronkajová Helena Poša 167, Poša
      > Boronkajová Jana Brestov 33, Humenné 1
      > Boronkaj Štefan Gaštanová 38, Humenné
      > Boronkaj Radoslav Májová 829/36, Medzilaborce
      > Boronkaj Milan Poša 217, Nižný Hrabovec
      > Boronkaj Kovo - Bodor Slavomír Mojmírovce 1366, Mojmírovce 1
      >
      > Others may offer better insight.

      When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
      http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic