      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Cathie McAdams
      Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 6:49 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] ellis island database?

      There are issues with the EI database where the site directs you to certain
      pages but those pages are not for the person you searched. For example, I
      put in a decidely Polish surname and it directed me to a manifest that was
      Italian with all Italian passengers, no record of the Polish ancestor. When
      I tried to send an email to EI to let them know, it bounced. This has been
      going on a couple weeks now.
      If I had time, I would join ancestry.com. It's just too expensive for the
      casual genealogist like me.

      From: bill.tarkulich@ <mailto:bill. tarkulich% 40iabsi.com> iabsi.com
      <bill.tarkulich@ <mailto:bill. tarkulich% 40iabsi.com> iabsi.com>
      Subject: [S-R] ellis island database?
      To: "SLOVAK ROOTS" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK- ROOTS%40yahoogro ups.com>
      yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008, 10:13 AM

      http://www.ellisisl and.org/

      What happened to the site? Did it just crash, or something get
      reorganized?