20483Re: [S-R] new member

  • Julie Michutka
    Aug 4, 2008
      I'm on the fly today, so please excuse some short comments; I don't
      mean to come across as abrupt.

      "Lepus" is Latin for "hare"; leporis is indeed the genitive singular.
      The name might in fact be Latin, or might be a coincidence of spelling.

      Re: the IGI: never take it as gospel. Some people submit shoddy
      work, eg you find your 3 x great-grandmother's birthdate! Hooray!
      Being a good researcher, you manage to track down the submitter and
      ask for the source of the birthdate, and alas, they reply "oh, I took
      the marriage date and subtracted 16 years". Really.

      Gotta run; welcome to the new member!

      Julie Michutka
      jmm@...
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic