      From: SimplyLisa
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com ; SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 12:52 AM
      Subject: [S-R] Re: New & researching Zemplen Abauj area

      Hi! Maxine,
      Mihaly Dzsupinka (Jupinka) last residence was Tokaj (Tokay) Hungary in Zemplen. I do not know if that is where he was born. I don't know much about him because he died before my mom, his granddaughter was born. I don't even know his exact death date. I just know my mom says he's burried in the cemetery that we are talking about. I know the time frame would have been that he died after my Uncle Steve Jupinka was born Jan 1913 and before 1923 which would have been about the time my great grandmother had another child with her 2nd husband George Orosz.
      I don't remember who I spoke to, but it was someone who was trying to access the cemetery records, but she had trouble hearing me over the phone. She said it would be better to come in person which I couldn't do because I was caring for my mom who has cancer.
      It's a long story, but I originally was searching in the wrong cemetery because between information on mapquest and a genealogy website put me on the wrong side of Florida Grove Road and eventually I was communicating via email with the secretary Anna of the Ukrainian Catholic Church Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Cemetery, Florida Grove Road Hopelawn, NJ and she told me to look for his grave in the cemetery directly across Florida Grove Road---which belonged to St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church. Mapquest just labels both sides as Ukrainian Cemetery. It was very confusing to me. But maybe it was meant for me to find Anna, because in our communications I found out she knew my mom's best friend during the 1960-70's, Stella Gadek, and said she was a parishoner there.
      Since you know more, can you look on mapquest and tell me if St. John the Baptist Cemetery is bounded by Pfeiffer Blvd, Florida Grove Rd, Columbus Drive and a resevoir. Anna said to look there. I was on the side that was Pfeiffer Blvd., Florida Grove Rd., Clyde Ave, and Herbert Street.
      In my youth I would walk past these cemeteries as I walked down Pfeiffer Blvd to get to Two Guys to go shopping from my house on Harding Ave. Perth Amboy.
      Lisa