      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of maxine
      Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:33 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: New & researching Zemplen Abauj area

      Hi, Gulyassy is the name of my great, grandmother, Suzzanna. She was born in
      Jakubany, Slovakia. She married my grandfather Elias Sasala, or sometimes
      Schschla. When he passed Suzzanna married a Compel from the same village. In
      1924 she came to Perth Amboy, NJ with Compel. Stayed a while and went to her
      dauthers in Lopez, Pa, Kathleen Sasala Decker or Deker.

      Where do your family names comes from? Maxine

      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of maxine
      Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 3:32 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      Hi Lisa. That is the SAME cemetery that my whole family is buried at. Also,
      I and my family have always gone to St Johns!
      My grandfather is John Salala and my grandmother is Julia Velas Sasala. They
      lived on the corner of State St and Mechanic. My grandfather owned Sasala's
      Tavern. Across the street was SMITHS Drug Store and 2 houses down was a
      school which I attended until about 5th grade.
      I still attend St Johns and have relatives living in Perth Amboy and the
      area. My grandfathers children are:

      Sasala
      Anna Dosil married
      Julia Doyle married
      Mary Fedak (Picone) my mother
      Helen Bukarica
      John Sasala

      Grandfather came from Jakubany in Slovikia.
      One of the names you wrote starting with a G, could that be possibly be
      Gulyassy?

      My grandfather John had 1 brother, Stephen from Perth Amboy and 2 sisters
      who ended up in Lopez, Pa.
      The sisters are Katherine Sasala Decker and Anna Sasala Decker. 2 sisters
      marrying 2 brothers.

      Do you think your Mom could remember any of this people?

      Also had an Aunt Julia Yadlouski.

      thanks maxine sasala