20347Re: Nemsova - look at the fiches

  • johnqadam
    Jun 25, 2008
      >>> I'm also looking for any Catholic church records for Nemsova. It
      isn't named in the LDS catalog in a keyword search. I tried the town
      with the nearest old "post office" but that didn't work. <<<

      Here's where you will find the DEFINITIVE ANSWER.

      LDS FICHES (set of 6) LDS #6000786
      Slovak archives. Index of villages is on fiche #6 and page references
      refer to different religions. Most of these church records are
      available on film via your LDS Family History Center.

      No, you can't look up the information that is on the fiches by going on
      line. Some members may have the actual book that the fiches are based
      on.

      Good luck.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic