19991Re: A new member's introduction....

  • mshadesflickr
    May 5, 2008
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...>
      wrote:

      > Chris,
      > With so many of the younger generation taking English as a
      >second language it is very easy to find someone who can translate
      >your letter.
      > I will be in Plavnica for at least a week in early July. If
      >there is anything I can do for you while I'm there let me know.
      > With 82 pages of genealogy it would appear that you should have
      >a substantial family tree developed. Is there anything in particular
      >that you are interested in finding?

      The genealogy that my cousin did is extremely detailed, as far as the
      descendants of my g-g-grandfather are concerned. What I'm interested
      in is mainly information on his generation and those before. The
      information my cousin had was scant at best - I know his and his
      wife's names, her maiden name and where they were born. Of their
      parents, brothers and sisters, all there are are a few names and
      speculation. He also found a reference to the Gladis name going back
      to 1348 (in a German coat-of-arms book published in 1878). I'm not
      quite up to going that far back in time, but it at least gives me a
      distant target.

      There are also some gaps in the tree that need filling - I've been
      contacted by a Gladis living in Kosice who is very interested in
      knowing where he fits into the larger tree. Once I know what I'm
      looking for, I can probably ask him to do some legwork as well. I've
      sent email to the Maly Lipnik editor of tccweb.com in the hopes that
      he might have information as well.

      Chris
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic