19804Re: [S-R] David (the name): odd question

  • MA Bensh
    Apr 6, 2008
      Is it possible that "illegitimate" is used when the parents are not both of the same religion?

      gklodzen@... wrote:
      Noreen, Paul and Julie,

      Thanks so much for your comments. In my family research if the custom of
      naming the first son after the father had been followed, first son would have
      been named Joseph, but that was not what was found. First daughter (second
      child) was indeed Mary, though she was recorded as "Illegitimate", as was third
      child, a son. As all of this occurred over one hundred twenty-eight years ago
      who to say why? I could speculate, sure, but I would certainly never presume
      to judge my ancestors. After all, without them I would not be sitting here
      typing this email. Life is good, and a wonderful gift!

      Best regards,

      In a message dated 4/5/2008 7:31:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      nhasior@... writes:

      Hi Eugene,
      It is interesting to wonder if given names follow any particular rules. We
      had the thread that discussed the naming of girls. I think it was first girl
      was Mary, second one was Anna, third was Sophie, next was Helen etc.
      My grandfather was Istvan. He was legitimate, so I do not know if that