      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Michael Mojher
      Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 4:56 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Searching for Palko and Savislo

      Dorothy,
      In my road atlas of Slovakia your listed village, Szurte, is Sjurte,
      Ukraine. It is just off Highway E573/M06 14.5 km southwest of Uzhorod
      (Ungvar) on the way to Cop. Sjurte is just 5 km east of the Slovakia/Ukraine
      border.
      After WWII the Ukraine was given territory that part of Czechoslovakia.
      Uzhorod and Sjurte were two former Czechoslovkia cities given to the
      Ukraine.
      Michael Mojher