      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Margo Smith
      Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:06 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Klacsano - photo of church for Bill Tarkulich

      Eugene, Vladimir will probably expand on this reply because he is the
      expert. In the meantime, the Urbars are the old feudal tax records which
      list the serf taxpayers. The records from 1770ish are available on microfilm
      from the Family History Centers. In the list of microfilms, they are Urberi
      tabellak 1767-1773. The documents are in archaic Slovak and Latin.

      Also, Richard Marsina and Michal Kusik wrote Urbare feudalnych pastiev na
      Slovensku (1959). Vol. 1 deals with the 16th century and Vol. 2 with the
      17th century. I ordered this on interlibrary loan at my local public
      library. The information presented varies from year to year.

      Rajec near Zilina has a nice little restaurant. But it is also very near
      Rajec Teplice, my favorite spa in all Slovakia. The old building is very
      ornate. There is live music and dancing on summer evenings. And a small bar
      next to the pool serves slivovce.

      Margo

      gklodzen@aol. <mailto:gklodzen%40aol.com> com wrote:

      A much more likely possibility, Vladimir. Some questions, please. What is
      the meaning of Urbars, and is this record available? Also, where is the town

      of Rajec?

      Many thanks,
      Eugene

      In a message dated 2/4/2008 2:10:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      konekta@.... <mailto:konekta%40nm.psg.sk> sk writes:

      Dear Eugene,
      In available Urbars I found one occurence of
      Klaczan surname of a serf in 1688, town of Rajec, Estate of Zilina Jesuites.
      Vladimir

      (http://music.
      <http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0030000
      00025> aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp003000000025
      48)