      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of gklodzen@...
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:22 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Klacsano - photo of church for Bill Tarkulich

      Hi Bill,

      Interesting discussion of the village of Klacsano which got me thinking
      anew. My 19th century ancestors named KLADZAN have been traced to the
      village of
      Vinne as far back as 1813, but I now wonder if perhaps a more distant
      ancestor might have been from Klacsano, which, with a slightly different
      spelling,
      could have evolved as the surname KLADZAN. By 1910 in America the name had
      become KLODZEN.

      Always interesting and informative, thanks for your comments, website and
      this discussion group,
      Eugene Klodzen

      In a message dated 1/29/2008 12:49:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      bill.tarkulich@ <mailto:bill.tarkulich%40iabsi.com> iabsi.com writes:

      --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@SLOVAK-ROOTSSLO_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@
      <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com)
      , "June McKee" <junemckee@.ju> wrote:

      > Hi Bill,
      >
      > As you can see this conversation was from a few months ago. I sent
      an email to your other address but I am not sure If you recieved it.
      If the offer is still there regarding the photo of the Parish in
      Klacsano I would love to see a copy of it whenever you get a chance. I
      had forgot about this and just came across the posting this evening
      while going thru old messages. I am still waiting for Homeland
      Security to resend me the copy of my gm's immigration papers which I
      had recieved back in November but they were so faint I couldnt make
      too much out. I sure hope that this time they will be able to be read
      so I can make out what the name of her homeland villiage was for sure.
      I asked if they could send me a cd which they normally do not do if
      there are less than 11 pages but I must have really got a nice helpful
      person because she told me that she would. I am thinking that it may
      be easier to read a cd.
      > I also want to thank you for all of the help that you have given and
      sending me in the right direction.