18693Re: My Slovak Roots

  • Gaba, Gary
    Oct 31, 2007
      Suggestion - I've had better success in finding people in the Census
      Records by looking for their Children rather than the parents as long as
      you have the birth year.

      Use a common first name child and the beginning of the Surname. e.g.-
      Mary Ova or George Ova (don't try Mike - could be Michael, Mike,Mikey,
      Mihaly,etc.) make sure you put the Birth Year and relation to head of
      household.

      I even found one related family with the child's First Name and the
      first letter of the Surname. It was a long list but they had really
      butchered the Surname.

      Good Hunting!!
      Gary

      The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
      confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
      received this communication in error, please notify First Data
      immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
      computer.