18685Re: My Slovak Roots

  • Jeniffer
    Oct 29, 2007
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jlocalitcb" <JLOCali@...> wrote:

      It's me Jeniffer Baker. I changed a few things on my family info.
      Here is the info.
      >They settled in Republic, Warrior, and Brookside areas of Alabama.
      We believe that the last name was changed for some reason.

      John and Mary are Buried at a
      > Catholic church in Brookside Alabama called St. Micheals.. They are
      buried in
      > the part of the cemetary where the Slovensky familiy is Buried.So I
      > have a feeling they could have been related to them.. I know they
      had
      > some close friends of the last name "Harvella". I have been finding
      > dead ends for years. Can you please help me here is the info.
      > Please email me at
      > JLOCali@... Thanks
      >
      > I found 2 marriage records tosay in my ovatt pile..and I realized
      that Susie Ovat's marrage record said her parents names were Geor.
      and Margaret?? Maybe they went by John and Mary?? (Nicknames)

      I think that they immigrated in between 1897 & 1901 maybe even
      through canada, or the south... I know that the Ovad family that
      settled in new jersey doesnt sound familier... Here are the
      birthdates I have for my ancestors.. I know that John and Mary were
      married before they came to america, and the oldest son mike was born
      there also.. I belive.... THanks I need all the help I can get.. I
      also found the names of the men Susie Ovat and Mary HElen Ovat
      married..

      Husband: Geor? or John Ovat
      > Birthdate: OCT 25 1872
      > Birthplace: Austria/ Czechoslavika / slovikia ??
      > Death date: January 17 1936
      > Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      > Burial: Brookside, Alabama
      > Father: UNKNOWN
      > Mother: UNKNOWN
      > Marriage date: UNKNOWN
      > Marriage place: Other Country
      >
      > Wife: Mary (Maiden-Jemer/Gemer/Gamer??) / Ovat
      > Birthdate: Jan 1874
      > Birthplace: Austria/ Czechoslavika / Slovikia
      > Death date: March 14 1940
      > Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      > Burial: Brookside, Alabama
      > Father: UNKNOWN
      > Mother: UNKNOWN
      >
      > CHILDREN
      > Child No. 1: Mike Ovat
      > Sex: M
      > Birthdate: 1901?
      > Birthplace: other country
      > Death date: 03-30-1936 kidney problem
      > Place of death: pineville, Kentucky
      > Burial: unknown
      > Marriage date: unknown
      > Marriage place: kentucky
      > Spouse's name: Ella Moody
      >
      > Child No. 2: Annie Ovatt
      > Sex: F
      > Birthdate: August 09 1906
      > Birthplace: Warrior, Alabama
      > Death date: February 25 1988
      > Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      > Burial: Watts Union Cemetary
      > Marriage date: unknown
      > Marriage place: unknown
      > Spouse's name: Willie (Bill) Leonard Stover
      >
      > (MY GREAT GRANDFATHER)
      > Child No. 3: George Andrew Ovatt/OVAT ??
      > Sex: M
      > Birthdate: January 07 1909
      > Birthplace: Warrior, Alabama
      > Death date: February 17 1978
      > Place of death: Warrior, Alabama
      > Burial: Watts Union Cemetary
      > Marriage date: Aug 7, 1930
      > Marriage place: Warrior, Alabama
      > Spouse's name: Trixie Mary Lowe/ later married
      Annie Stover (willie stover's Sister)

      > Child No. 4: Mary Helen Ovat
      > Sex: F
      > Birthdate: September 22, 1914
      > Birthplace: Republic, Alabama
      > Death date: unknown
      > Place of death: Alabaster, Shelby county, Alabama
      > Burial: Tuesday, January 3, 1995
      > Marriage date: unknown
      > Marriage place: unknown
      > Spouse's name: unknown first name maybe AUBREY?? Last name is
      Bagwell.
      > adopted one child name : LINDA GALES now LINDA CAMPBELL

      > Child No. 5: Susie M. Ovatt
      > Sex: F
      > Birthdate: June 17, 1917
      > Birthplace: Repubic, Alabama
      > Marriage date: November 17, 1945
      > Marriage place: Birmingham, Jefferson County, ALabama
      > Spouse's name: Marshall S. Zornes
      > Burial: unknown
      > Place of death: unknown
      > Death date: unknown