      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Julia Anderson
      Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 6:18 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] tornoczki

      Dear Janet,
      Thank you for the email. I didn't even have the correct pronunciation
      of my name but now I do. I had been having trouble with the Hungarian phone
      book
      because I couldn't work out how to get in up in English, so thanks for the
      English version
      of the website. But what did you do to find 49 Tornoczkis, please? because I
      searched and found none!
      Kind regards
      Julia
      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
      yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Michael Mojher
      Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:25 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

      Julia,
      Welcome to Slovak-Roots.
      I couldn't find Tornoc in my Slovakia Atlas. A Google search says that it is
      now called Trnovec nad Vahom. It is across the Vah River from the city of
      Sala. Both are 32 km / 19miles east of Bratislava. Trnovec nad Vahom has a
      population of 2500+. It is about 75% Slovak and 25% Hungarian.
      Michael Mojher