      From: Karen C <karens_roots@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 10:07:06 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Traveling in Czech and Slovakia

      Wow thanks Linda. A very honest look at the problems I could encounter. This can really help me get prepared. Especially the ATM/Credit Card thing. I may be writing you soon as the time approaches with more questions.

      Can you recommend any places to stay? Towns we could possibly stay in would be Prague, Bratislava, Kosice.

      Thanks again to everyone. You have really given me great help and information.

      Karen

      From: "helene cincebeaux"

      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:14:54 -0700 (PDT)

      Hi Karen

      Usually no problem taking a rental across

      Czech-Slovak border just be sure to get the sticker if

      you want to use the super highway in Slovakia - can

      get at bigger gas stations or on border. But ask

      about taking the car across the border when you rent

      just to be sure.

      Found that if you rent from some firms in Austria they

      charge a big surcharge for going into former E.

      European countries.

      Don't know any American who had to buy or prove they

      had health insurance for a simple visit

      ATM's seem to work fine all the time.

      Where are you going in Slovakia? And when?

      helene

      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Shape

      http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7

      > removed]

      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck

      in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

      http://advision. webevents. yahoo.com/ mailbeta/ newmail_html. html

      --

      Get a free mail.com account & e-mail address today!

      Choose from over 100 personalized domains.

      http://mobile. yahoo.com/ mail

      <!--

      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      #ygrp-text{