17224Re: [S-R] Roll call

  • Marsha Duda Sumner
    Jun 6, 2007
      Hi David,
      I saw your 6/3/07 post to the group. I have been helping a friend
      research his family 's "trail". Do you have any village of origination info
      for ANNA JENCA? She married Georgius Szauko, from Szvidnik, but, not in
      Szvidnik. Their daughter, Maria, was born in Szvidnik, 1884. Another child,
      Georgius, was born in Beaver Meadow, PA, by 1892. The marriage of these
      parents could have been anytime around 1878 to 1883.
      I tell my friend that it is imperative to find Jenca's village, probable
      wedding site--and the only way to be certain he is tracking the "right"
      line. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
      Marsha

      on 6/3/07 7:46 PM, david1law@... at david1law@... wrote:

      Hi Jack:

      It may just be a coincidence because of the far distances, but in my BALOGA
      (BALOG) clan in the Saris Highlands west of PRESOV, both the HANAK and JENCA
      surnames appear, in the villages of SIROKE, VITAZ, OVCIE, and DOLINA. An
      ANDREAS HANAK was the godfather of my great, great grandfather JAN BALOGA
      (born
      1823), and the JENCA (JENCSA/JENTSA) surname appears in my extended family.
      In the church records for SIROKE, I have seen a number of instances where
      persons originally came from GALICIA, so the distance cannot be ruled out
      entirely. I am not sure if there is any relation, but I thought I would
      let you
      know anyway, just in case. I wish you well in your search.

      Best regards,

      David Michael Baloga