17213Re: [S-R] Roll call

  • david1law@aol.com
    Jun 3, 2007
      Hi Jack:

      It may just be a coincidence because of the far distances, but in my BALOGA
      (BALOG) clan in the Saris Highlands west of PRESOV, both the HANAK and JENCA
      surnames appear, in the villages of SIROKE, VITAZ, OVCIE, and DOLINA. An
      ANDREAS HANAK was the godfather of my great, great grandfather JAN BALOGA (born
      1823), and the JENCA (JENCSA/JENTSA) surname appears in my extended family.
      In the church records for SIROKE, I have seen a number of instances where
      persons originally came from GALICIA, so the distance cannot be ruled out
      entirely. I am not sure if there is any relation, but I thought I would let you
      know anyway, just in case. I wish you well in your search.

      Best regards,

      David Michael Baloga