17201Re: Roll Call - Looking for Fabery (sp?) and Cerva

  • ssultonia
    Jun 2, 2007
      Cindy,
      You will find there are "Fabry" surnames in Spis county in
      Eastern Slovakia. One village I'm aware of is Olsavka. Not sure
      if it goes by the same name now or not. This would be in the area
      of Zsegra, Dubrava, NW of Kosice. I know of an Anna Fabry, born 1903,
      who married a Joannes (John) Czmorej Jan 17, 1921. Her parents were
      Paulus Fabry and Mara Brindza. I'm aware of the connection because I
      do research on the "Czmorej" surname. I'm also aware that they moved
      to Cleveland, OH for a while but returned to Slovakia about the time
      of the Depression in the US.
      R/Bill

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "historytracker"
      <historytracker@...> wrote:

      > My great grandparents were Emery and Mary Fabery (Maiden name
      > Baran). I believe the name is originally Fabry, but over the years I
      > have seen it with many different spellings. The earliest
      > documentation that I have for them is 1890 with their marriage
      > license. Also naturalization records for Emery indicated that he was
      > from Austria. My slovak roots are in Fayette County, PA and
      > Westmoreland, PA. Eventually they settled in Uniontown, PA and that
      > is where they are buried. I still cannot find any documentation that
      > indicates any villages or towns where they were born.
      >
      > Anna Cerva is the sister of Emery and she spent most of her life in
      > Luzerne County, PA and then settled in Greensburg, PA. Currently I am
      > researching this family in hopes to find something indicating where
      > are they from.
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Cindy Cooney

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic