16919Re: [S-R] Extent of Ottoman Empire in Upper Hungary (Slovakia)

  • helene cincebeaux
    May 7, 2007
      Thanks Michael! Intrigued by the Cumani people. Dr.
      Tony Sutherland of Jednota told me that they were also
      called the Plavci people and the various places with
      Plavec in the village name were settled by them for
      example Plavec in Saris in eastern Slovakia and
      Plavecky Podhradie in southwestern Slovakia.

      Fascinating to think of such a major migration by such
      an exotic peoples. Also intrigued with the fierce
      Avars who were known for their beautiful motifs,
      (possibly related to the famed Scythians) and for
      their songs!

      helene

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic