      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of helene cincebeaux
      Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:40 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Extent of Ottoman Empire in Upper Hungary (Slovakia)

      Have you seen Karel Plicka's photograph of women in
      Levice - they look totally oriental - maybe it was the
      earlier incursion of Tatars that casued this

      However I seem to recall that that area was occupied
      by the Turks much longer than a year - more like
      decades.

      But this is only an impression - nice to get more info
      on something that is hard to research in English.
      thanks to all

      helene

      --- Michael Mojher <mgmojher@comcast. <mailto:mgmojher%40comcast.net> net>

      http://farechase. <http://farechase.yahoo.com/promo-generic-14795097>