16905Re: [S-R] Re: looking for Velky Rakovicz

  • Juraj Cisarik
    Apr 26, 2007
      hello,

      here is a link of schematizmus of the village Rakovec nad Ondavou:
      http://www.cisarik.com/MINISCHEMATIZMUS-prq.htm
      chronology of reverends in the village:

      Danielovi´┐Ż Georgius 1800 - 1849 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Pajkossy Josephus 1849 - 1866 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Slavik Paulus 1866 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Zabava Michael 1866 - 1867 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Balogh Josephus 1867 - 1876 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Starecky Nicolaus 1876 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Novak Joannes 1876 - 1877 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Kallok Paulus 1877 - 1878 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Precechtely Eugenius 1878 - 1880 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Gulovic Nicolaus 1887 - 1888 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Dudic Joannes 1888 - 1932 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Pajkossy Julius 1897 - 1900 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Pahy Gregorius 1927 - 1929 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Sereghy Josephus 1929 - 1931 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Tink Antonius 1932 - 1948 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Tink Desiderius 1940 - 1941 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      Seman Joannes 1941 - 1948 (M) Rakovec nad Ondavou

      (M)means Mukacevo eparchy/not Presov!/

      I have a family tree of reverends: Seman, Tink, Sereghy, Dudic, Gulovic.

      I was there last summer and I took all pictures of graves older then 40
      years.
      There are two churches. Older one near to the cemetery is not used by mass
      services and
      downthere near to the road is new greekcath. church - built just recently.

      Juraj

      >From: Rich Custer <rcuster@...>
      >To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [S-R] Re: looking for Velky Rakovicz
      >Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:01:23 -0400 (EDT)
      >
      >Well, now this becomes somewhat clearer.
      >
      >Michael Juhasz of the Greek Catholic Union was
      >absolutely born in Rakovec nad Ondavou in Zemplen
      >County, not Velykyj Rakovec in Ugocsa county. Many
      >of the early leaders of the Greek Catholic Union
      >were also from villages around Vranov and Trebisov,
      >yet despite this being Slovak ethnographic territory
      >today, they called themselves Rusins /
      >Carpatho-Russians.
      >
      >If the GCU used as their reference for _Opportunity
      >Realized_ the "Ethnographic Map of Uhro-Rus', 1906"
      >by Andrew Perejda and distributed by the Byzantine
      >Catholic Eparchy of Passaic, that explains the
      >discrepancy in the village name as stated in
      >_Opportunity Realized_. That map is riddled with
      >errors as far as the village names are concerned.

      MSN Pocasie vam umozni naplanovat si den a tyzden..
      http://www.msn.sk/weather
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic