16893Re: [S-R] looking for Velky Rakovicz

  • helene cincebeaux
    Apr 24, 2007
      HI

      Checked the Slovak Pride data base and found 11 Yuhas listings

      one is actually from Rakovec na Ond.

      Also found one Kraly listed - from Ruske Zemplin.

      get back to me if you want more info on how to contact the listers

      helene
      helenezx@...

      pdbennett_52 <pbennett@...> wrote:
      I am trying to track down the ancestral village of my
      great-grandfather, Michael Cralley (originally Kraly), who emigrated
      from Hungary around 1880. We have no family information about the
      Kraly family, except that Michael's sister, Barbara Kraly married John
      Yuhasz (originally Juhasz), who also left Hungary around the same time
      for England, and then the U.S. We are hoping that the Kraly family
      came from the same or a nearby village as the Yuhasz family. The
      Yuhasz family history shows them coming from Velky Rakovec or Velky
      Rakovicz, of Zemplen province in Upper Hungary. Is this town the
      present-day Rakovec nad Ondavou in the Kosice region of Slovakia?