      From: helene cincebeaux
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 1:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Domovy List

      Dear Vladimir - thank you so much for sending it - so sorry I haven't replied.
      I was in the throes of doing my Slovakia magazine and getting it off to the printer. The new program I am using is so creative but has a very loooong learning curve.

      So thank you so much - i was fascinated to see the domovy list. So was it considered a town census record?? A personal record or what. Wound;t Domovy List be translated to House Record?

      i know that in Southern Bohemia the homes had their own genealogy - a list of all the families who lived in that house from the 1500s to the present.

      Then in Moravia my family gave us several Rodny List from WW II times - they told me this showed several generations back and was to prove there was no Jewish blood in the family; they had genealogy as your document does and I noted that your document was issued in 1939 and had a man born in 1922 and listed his father and grandfather and their birthdates.
      I noted the house number too.

      Some of the ones I originally wrote -the Mondok ones -came to me from a woman who will travel with us this summer - I find they vary a bit from place to place - hers had less genealogy info - her family left in the 1920s.

      helene

      Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
      Dear Helene,
      a week ago I sent you a scan of such a document. Since then no word about it. Have you received it?
      Vladimir