16087Re: [S-R] Skapik family listed in the 1869 Census in Cerova and Prievaly, Ok...

  • david1law@aol.com
    Nov 1, 2006
      Hi Pat,

      I would recommend that you review Bill Tarkulich's "Eastern Slovakia
      Genealogical Research Strategies" website at _www.iabsi.com_ (http://www.iabsi.com)
      and click the link marked "CENSUS". Bill's website provides a good tutorial
      on the 1869 Hungarian Census, including translations of various terms that
      appear in the census pages. Bill's website is an awesome resource for anyone
      searching for their ancestors in Slovakia, and quite frankly, is in my opinion
      the best on the web. Bill's website is a great springboard for research,
      and a great guide regarding the various resources available to the researcher,
      including the 1869 Hungarian Census.

      Best regards,