1462Fw: New Member

  • Bill Kroll
    Apr 29, 2000

      I am just starting out to research family origins in the Slovak Republic. I started with as much oral history as I could get from surviving family. We have some relatives, cousins of my mother and uncle, still living in Slovakia. I am planning a trip to Slovakia later this year to meet them and do some research.
      I am looking for BIZUB, KALMAN, NARCIS, and CZARNOVSKY( Possibly CZARNOHOVSKY) origins in Kazomarok, Slovakia, and the Orava River valley. My maternal Grandparents emigrated from that area of Austria-Hungary around 1900. Any connections, leads, or helpful hints would be appreciated.
      So far, I have found that a lot of the information from family can be contradictory (or maybe just confused), and even records that should be fairly reliable have errors. i.e., My brothers' birth certificate (Chicago, 1945) has my mothers' middle name wrong, and my wifes' grandfathers naturalization papers list his age as 46 instead of 64. If records are universally this accurate, I understand why tracing family may be an interesting process!

      Bill Kroll