14566Re: [S-R] varos vs felso

  • helene cincebeaux
    Mar 2, 2006
      Carl Kotlarchik <kkotlarc@...> wrote: I have been reviewing the 1869 census for Szinna, Zemplen County.
      Some of the homes are listed as "varos" which I translate as town or
      borough. But some of the other homes are listed as "felso" with the
      same house numbers. "Felso" translates to upper or top. What does
      this mean in terms of the properties? I suppose there was an upper
      and lower side of some towns. Is this what the terms are designating?
      THAT'S HOW I UNDERSTAND IT - LATER MANY OF THE PLACES MERGED AND DROPPED OR LOST THE UPPER AND LONGER OR LARGER AND SMALLER - VELKY AND MALY DESIGNATIONS

      HELENE

      Genealogy research Cellular phone family plan Family genealogy Family vacations Genealogy family tree