14100Re: Village hierarchy

  • johnqadam
    Jan 2, 2006
      There is an absolutely excellent book about the Rusyn US-immigrant
      experience. It's an autobiography of Joseph Grisak, 1873-1950, born
      in Slovinky, (today's Slovakia). It goes into great depth describing
      day to day living. An absolutely precious glimpse into the past.
      It has been recently scanned and is available at

      http://www.saed.kent.edu/~lucak/topica/Grisak.pdf
      Be forewarned. It is 352 Kb and 98 pages in length. You will need
      Acrobat reader.
      Thanks to Larry Krupnak for bringing it to my attention.

      Here is Bill Trakulich's message 3944.1 from the Delphi site.

      There is an absolutely excellent book about the Rusyn US-immigrant
      experience. It's an autobiography of Joseph Grisak, 1873-1950, born
      in Slovinky, (today's Slovakia). It goes into great depth describing
      day to day living. An absolutely precious glimpse into the past.
      It has been recently scanned and is available at

      http://www.saed.kent.edu/~lucak/topica/Grisak.pdf
      Be forewarned. It is 352 Kb and 98 pages in length. You will need
      Acrobat reader.

      >>From the Library of Congress on-line catalog:
      >
      > Title: The Grisak family
      > Authors: Grisak, Michael J. , 1910- (Main Author) *
      >LC Control Number: 79103327
      > Type of Material: Book (Print, Microform, Electronic, etc.)
      > Personal Name: Grisak, Michael J.
      > Main Title: The Grisak family / compiled by Michael J. Grisak.
      >Published/Created: [Merrillville, Ind.] : Grisak, [1978-1979]
      > Notes: Cover title.
      > Subjects: Grisak, Michael J.
      > Grisak family.
      > Czechoslovakia--Biography.